Our epic honeymoon is drawing to a close and so it seems fitting to cast down a few insightful pearls of wisdom (cough cough) I've gleaned over the course of our travels.
1. Never put on a brave front when offered a mountain bike with a hard narrow seat designed for a man, it's just not worth it.
2. Be wary of any doctor who tells you to wear a moonboot for a month, especially when they don't express any concern that you can't move two of your toes.
3. Your Spanish teacher is incorrect when she warns "you will die" if you continue to enjoy the odd Hiram Walker gin and tonic.
4. La Ley y El Orden or Law and Order is pure television gold..."chung-chung"
5. Don't touch the shower head when it's connected to a 30amp current as you will have a dead arm for at least half an hour.
6. The Settlers of Catan is an addictive boardgame if you play it with the best people.
7. You will always meet friendly, generous and inspiring people no matter where you travel in the world.
8. Beware any foods that look like tofu - appearances are deceiving and reconstituted fish remains make not for an enjoyable soy substitute.
9. Aotearoa is beautiful and I feel lucky to call it home.
It has been a pleasure writing this blog.
Until the next journey, with love,