Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chile gets a new hypercondriac

We are here in Chile, jet lagged but safe.

Lan Chile was a good airline to fly with - the food was all very edible and the movie selection included Flashdance (cool movie - impossibly beautiful welder, who also moonlights at a very conceptual danceclub-bar, dreams of becoming a ballerina - impossible is nothing!).

What surprised me on our flight, was the noticable absence of passengers flexing, stretching and loitering near the toilets. I thought deep vein thrombosis was a wider fear and on the radar of those travelling for long flights. Even though I had my compression tights on I dutifully marched up and down the aisles, scrunched my toes and lifted my heels at least 20 times every hour and generally concerned myself in preventative measures. My lover was also diligent but more by default - he was snapped at 3am ham and cheese roll in hand grinning from ear to ear having procured it on an alleged stretching mission! I know his tactics, especially as he pulled out a sweet apricot frangipani shortly after!

Given that I spent most of the bus ride to our hostel with my head lolling and indeed dribbling onto myself (the pacing mentioned earlier has the drawback of not really sleeping) I'll leave it to my husband to detail some initial thoughts on Chile.

Mrs R

No comments:

Post a Comment