Saturday, September 19, 2009

Timbits and the Double Double

The Double Double is a Canadian classic. We knew it had to be done and done well... as for Timbits, we were like kids in a candy store.

Ah yes the double double... It all began in 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario. That's when the Tim Hortons chain was founded. Apparently Tim was a legend in the National Hockey League back in his hey-day.

The first stores served coffee and donuts, simple and successful. Timbits came a little later in 1976.

Ever wonder why the need for the hole in the middle of a donut? Well if there wasn't a hole there wouldn't be a genius marketing ploy to sell bite-sized donuts at Tim Hortons!

This is us at Tim Hortons with our Double Double (coffee) and an assortment of Timbits!



Post Tim Hortons I can tell you the Double Double consists of filter coffee with double cream and double sugar. It doesn't really taste like coffee - not when you normally take it black or with light milk - BUT it does taste good! Lets face it, fat and sugar mixed together pretty much always tastes good!

As for Timbits, I liked the chocolate and the old fashioned......but if I had a choice I'd rather eat another Canadian classic, a decadent cinnamon roll!

And if I keep up my log rolling I reckon I can enjoy a few more before we head home!



Mrs R

No comments:

Post a Comment